Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Calypso

I am almost done the back of my sweater.  A bit of knitting was done last night but I was too busy changing channels to knit.  The hockey game was boring me.  The first period nothing and then the blowout started.  I will take more of an interest once we get closer to the medal round.  I was continually flipping channels because I didn't want to miss Patrick Chan skate.  Unfortunately it wasn't good but he is still young.  Did you see Johnny Weir??  That is all I am going to say on the subject-my dad always told me that if I didn't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

A big box arrived from Prism yesterday.  I am so in love with Laura's colours.  There were 10 colours of lace weight, 10 colours of Saki (sock yarn) and a brand new yarn.

Calypso:  80 % cotton, 20% rayon   
8oz/130m (145 yds)   
suggested gauge: 11 sts = 4" on 9mm needles   9 sts = 4" on 10mm needles

From the Prism website

"Here is a wonderfully textured, chunky but not too heavy cotton rayon blend perfect for summer in the north or for those who don't care for wool. It knits up quickly and smoothly on large needles, and we love it in a cute hoodie vest or big slouchy sweatshirt. It would also make a fabulous throw or baby blanket! I threw a large swatch into the machine and dryer with other clothes, with no loss of color intensity or shrinkage."


Three or four skeins of Calypso will make this vest.


You can wear the collar down or button it up and wear it as a hood.
Seven colours arrived-six are pictured here.


No comments: