Friday, October 30, 2009

A visit to the dentist

I had my wisdom teeth out when I was 20 but they were bothering me so I went to see the dentist. He made an appointment for me to come the next day at 2:15. I showed up at 3:15 (I am never late for a dentist appointment) and he was mad. I had to come back the next day but because I was late he made me stay and work for a while. My job-dying yarn. Did you know that the balls of self-patterning sock yarn aren't dyed with all those colours in the mill? No-they only come dyed in two colours. Off white and green or off white and red. Sometimes off white and blue. The other colours are all added by hand. That was my job at the dentists. I had to add in blue to a ball of off white and green. I just couldn't get the hang of it. I tried and tried. For over an hour I would add the blue and then wipe it off because it was in the wrong spot. While I was working one of the partners from the accounting firm S&B Partners walked in-this is where I did my university co-op placement. Then some of the other staff came over to greet me.

At this point I woke up from this amazingly stupid dream. I never did finish dying that ball of yarn.

I seriously think that it is time for me to go and talk with someone. Dying yarn at the dentist-where did this come from??


Do you receive Berroco's Knitbits newsletter that comes out every Friday. If not, sign up now!! Celsian will be featured in the November 13th newsletter.

Blackstone Tweed is a great new yarn for fall. Two different shades of brown are used in this unique stitch pattern. I am going to send this off to one of my knitters on Monday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl you have problems when you dream like that!

Maybe new shoes would be the perfect remedy.