Saturday, August 08, 2009

I don't want a job in construction!!

When I arrived at the store this morning (7:15am - I was on dad's time today) dad had already ripped out the front counter and was working on the wall. Tim, Zach and Mike arrived after me and worked like crazy getting the kitchen cupboards ripped out. The walls came down and then it was time to work on the floor.

Dad loves to use power tools. He is working on getting the tiles up.

The dumpster is full!!

This is Tim and Zach trying to pack everything down. Zach was the rookie on the job which meant he had to carry all the garbage out. The poor kid must have made 100 trips out to that dumpster.

Here are a few pictures of the new shelves in the front room.

When I opened the store we had a rule that nothing would be on the floor. LOL. It didn't take long before we had baskets and then more baskets. Hopefully these shelves will help us keep the front room organized.

The rest of the store is total chaos-and that is putting it mildly. I can't wait for next week when I can start getting everything back in order!!!

We were supposed to take dad to the Ticat game tonight but it is raining out and my body hurts. A day of physical labour can wear you out when you aren't used to it.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I can't wait to see the "new" store! It's going to be great! :)