Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tent Sale and Renovations

Today has been very productive and it isn't over yet.
I was up early so I washed my Edie cardigan (in Soak of course) before I went to church. I laid it out on the deck and it was almost dry by the time I got home.
I watched the Blue Jays win and worked on my Silk Garden Lite cardigan. The back and both fronts are done and the first sleeve is half done.
I went to my parents for dinner-they felt sorry for me because I am by myself.
There is a load of clothes in the washing machine. These are the clothes our mannequins wear at the knitting shows. You wouldn't believe the looks I get when I go into a clothing store wanting to buy size 3 clothes. After explaining that they are for mannequins I get just as many strange looks.
When this post is done I am going to continue knitting and watch hockey. The Amazing Race and Celebrity Apprentice are taping.

Dad is home and we are going to start working on the renovations tomorrow. This door is behind the cash desk and leads into a secret space. It was the kitchen when we bought the house and we didn't think we needed the space so it was kept for storage. Really it is the door I open and throw things in and then close the door. Cathy has cleaned out that area once and I get to go at it again tomorrow-think of the closet on the Flintstones that Fred goes digging in to find something and everything falls out on him.

The wall behind the cash desk is going to be knocked out. There will be a hole punched in the side wall as well. You might not know that there is another storage area at the back of the house (it was a screened in porch when we bought the house). The cash desk will be turned by 90 degrees and will sit in part of the porch.

There are more renovations happening as well but I am going to keep these for a day when I have nothing to write.

Customers have asked if we are going to close during this. We will need to close for a few days but I don't have the dates right now-watch the blog, newsletter and tweets. Mom and dad are back to Myrtle Beach on Sunday for a week. When they come home the real work begins.

I have the Tent Sale dates and times now. We will be in the same location as last year-the hall behind St. John's Church located on Halson Street.

Thursday June 4 7-11pm
Friday June 5 noon-7pm
Saturday June 6 10-1pm

The pricing of yarn will be different this year. We will be charging per ball. $3 for a 50gram ball and $6 for a 100gram ball.

Yesterday I promised pictures of Sarah (and her daughter Clara) modelling Sarah's finished work. Sarah-I lost the piece of paper with the names of the garments-can you email to me? Sorry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the new look!! Hold-up ... where will you "just put" stuff?

Teresa said...

Thanks for the Tent sale info! I'm really looking forward to it.

Those renos are going to be cool :)