Monday, February 09, 2009

Family Day

Next Monday, February 16 is Family Day and the store will be closed. I wasn't aware that it was such a big deal but the banks are closed and so is Limeridge Mall.

If you are falling behind on your knitting then you should start a blog and make a rule that you must post every day. I am struggling to have new pictures every day for you. :)

Here is Red Earth-40 rows were knit today. I have run into a small problem. The suggested needles are 5mm but I am using 4.5mm. My stitch tension is correct but my row tension is out. When I reached the armhole shaping on the chart my front wasn't long enough. I have decided to leave out the armhole shaping and knit straight up. When I get to the shoulder shaping I will need to add some rows (past Kaffe's colours on the chart) which means adding colours in whatever order I want to get to the required length. My other decision is that I am going to make 3/4 length sleeves. That way I can wear the jacket longer in the year.

I'm off to write some newsletters.

2 comments:

Lost Mitten said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I blogged about your shop :) You can check it out here!

http://lostmittenblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/one-of-my-favourite-knitting-stores.html

:)

Irene said...

I would have been in a panic if I was too short. I'm impressed with your decision to go back and do it later.