Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Shape It!

Here is my Shape It! Scarf from Sally Melville's book The Knit Stitch. I used four balls of Atlante from Naturally double stranded on 6mm needles and followed the number of stitches in the pattern. Because I like the finished product so much I have started another one in rust.

Atlante is 100% bamboo, double knitting weight and the colours are spaced dyed. I hope to have the yarn on the website in the next couple of weeks.

Lynda finished Misty by Kim Hargreaves from the magazine Nectar last week but I couldn't take a picture because there were no buttons. Jane sewed them on yesterday. The yarn is Rowan's Purelife Organic Cotton-the colour is called Logwood. It looks grey in the picture but in real life it is more blue.

Another shipment of Lion and Lamb arrived from Lorna's Laces today. We received Tahoe, Pilsen, Watercolor, Mixed Berries and Edgewater. The Clapotis scarf made this yarn famous-there are currently 758 projects using it on Ravelry.

We are leaving very early on Friday morning and there are many chores to get done before I go. I hope to post again before I go but if I can't I will check in from San Diego or Vegas.

2 comments:

Snowspirit said...

Love the Shape It scarf! Would this project be appropriate for a beginner? We have a few newbie knitters in our group who may be interested in this pattern.

Samantha said...

The Shape It scarf is so much fun. I knit one a few years ago. :) Double stranded would be a nice warm scarf.