Monday, November 10, 2008

Clapotis

The pattern for Clapotis can be found in the fall 2004 edition of knitty.com. I have looked at the pattern many times and wasn't in love with it. On Ravelry you scroll through 692 pages (almost 8500 pictures) of the shawl. I didn't want to be a person to knit what everyone else was knitting so I haven't thought about the pattern. However, at the Knitter's Fair many people were walking around wearing a smaller version as a scarf knit in Noro Kureyon sock yarn. Loved it!!! I am now knitting it in Silk Garden Sock colour 84 on 4mm needles. Sorry-no pictures yet but here is Jane's in Silk Garden sock colour 245.

The original pattern uses Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb. I ordered this in for two customers and the yarn is amazing-50% wool, 50% silk. We have eight colours on order for the store. In the store another yarn that would like great is the Malabrigio Silky Merino.

I'm off to teach week two of socks. The ladies will be turning the heel tonight. This always scares people until they do it and then they realize it really isn't that hard.

No comments: