Monday, June 02, 2008

I'm liking knitting lace

The time on this post is correct. It is 8am!! We are waiting for the drywallers to arrived and finish the ceiling in the basement. I can't wait for the renovations to be done so I can go back to sleeping in until 9.

I have been diligently knitting to try and get my cardigan done. We are off to Columbus, Ohio on Thursday for a trade show and really want to take it.

It does look longer on the mannequin than in the picture. I add two extra lace panels before the armholes and one after. Since the mannequin is smaller than me it hangs really long on her but it isn't that long on me.

Since taking this picture I have finished the first sleeve. The front and backs are knit and then joined with a 3-needle bind off. The sleeves are then picked up and worked down. The sewing will be a piece of cake.
Dad and Beth are putting down the sub floor in the basement.

My dad is a blur because he is moving so fast.

Tomorrow is dad's birthday. We are just going out to dinner with their friends-not another big party.

No comments: