Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's been a long week

I have been up since 7am and all my chores are done so I am eating breakfast and writing.

My parents decided last week that they are going to sell their house here and buy a condo. This isn't happening for a few years but the wheels are in motion. Trust me, when my dad's wheels are started in motion things happen quickly!! Beth's pool table is in their basement so it needs to come to our house but our basement isn't finished so now that is being done. Construction workers don't start their day at 9 like I do so the last few days have been hell for me. Thursday morning dad was here at 8 so that we could lay out the basement. Friday morning at 8 the owner of the drywall company was here to look at what needed to be done. At 7:30 this morning the steel was delivered and the work has started.

This week in Brantford the Allen Cup is being played. This hockey tournament has been running for 100 years and according to my dad is the oldest amateur sporting event around. Yesterday was renamed Hockey Day. We went and watched the 1pm game, went out for dinner and then watched the 7pm game. Sitting in an arena all day is harder than working!! Mom was quite happy though because we kept dad out of her hair for the day.

Joan Kass taught an introduction to lace class in the store on Saturday. Everyone came away with a greater knowledge of lace knitting but were very tired. Joan kept them working from 10-4. I'm surprised she let them have lunch.

I am almost done the baby sweater in Blue Sky Alpaca Dyed Cotton. I should be able to finish the sleeve this morning and get the neck band done. This is getting the point of being was past the time it should take to finish a sweater. Also, I need it for the Frolic and that is coming up soon.

If you call the store today and I don't answer, try again, I might be napping. :)

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Hockey Day?! Sounds fun! :) My basement is in the process of being finished too. What a pain in my ass. Next year we're doing windows (the entire house) and a new kitchen (hopefully). Renovations are good, but such a inconvenience.

You sell Cascade 220, right??