Thursday, March 27, 2008

Red Carpet Lounge

I am sitting at O'Hare airport in Chicago-luckily in the Red Carpet Lounge where there is free internet access. For the past few days I have been getting terrible migraines. The maid woke me at 8am this morning-my check out was noon but she thought she should check if there was anyone in the room. I tried going back to sleep but couldn't. It is cold with wet snow in Chicago so I decided to change my flight to get out earlier. There was no way I was going to walk around downtown Chicago in this weather. I should have tried to make it for the 1:15 flight but was afraid of traffic so I choose the 3:45 flight. It is now 3:32 and they are saying my flight will be leaving at 5:30 (which happens to be 1/2 hour before my original flight). As you can guess I am not a happy camper. My head is killing me and I just want to get home to my own bed.

My workshops were great. I learned about marketing, advertising, managing my time, changing the layout of the store, utilizing the internet and more that I have already forgotten.

Chicago is a city that everyone should visit. You have to love a city with not one but two Macys that are both seven stories. There is also an amazing Nordstroms. Cheesecake Factory and California Pizza Kitchen always make me happy as well. My hotel was very lacking. It is called the Inn of Chicago but it is really a Best Western redone. I don't think I need to write anything else on that subject.

While I am typing, I checked united.com. My new flight is now 7 minutes after my original flight. Good thing I paid the fee to change!!! I'm off to talk with customer service and find out what is going on here.

BTW Noro Kureyon sock yarn arrived yesterday. Jane has taken home a ball to play with-we should have a sample pair by next week.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope as I write this that you're home. Sleep tight and feel better. I'm glad you enjoyed the seminars.

Sally said...

Hi Julie,

I hope you made it home okay and got to watch the apprentice. I'd like to know what you thought of the outcome.