Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Shepherd Socks and more boxes

When I was at the trade show in January I ordered some Lorna's Laces Shepherds Sock yarn. I called there today with a question and some of my colours are ready and are being shipped. Also in the shipment will be some kits in a paint can that include two skeins of yarn and a basic sock pattern.
Lorna's Laces distributes a line of patterns called iKnitiative. I first found these patterns on Ravelry and they will be here with the yarn in a couple of weeks. This is called the Fair and Square wrap that I will be knitting one day (LOL) in Tahki Donegal Tweed and Noro Silk Garden.


My dad has a job here at the store-garbage man. We pile empty boxes outside and he picks them up. He was here the other day to pick up my boxes-unfortunately he had been in South Carolina for two snow storms and the boxes were under a foot of snow. He got out as many as he could and was coming back today for more. Lucky him-we had more snow last night. He brought a shovel and dug them all out. He isn't going to be pleased to hear that I have more boxes again. A shipment of Namaste bags came and not a day too soon. We were all out of the new Malibu and Laguna bags but the store is nicely stocked again. Then the UPS driver came with a large boxe of Rowan.

I wrote this and then got busy unpacking boxes and helping customers. While doing this the UPS driver came back with more boxes-this time from Dream in Color. There were 2 boxes of Classy that included the new colours for spring-the 400 series. These are amazing-I see a tulip cardigan. We also have the pattern for the adult Tulip Cardigan. There are 5 sizes (XS-XL). You need 5 skeins for the XS and S. For the M-XL you will need 6 skeins.

The new season of Big Brother started last night. We taped it but didn't have time to watch it so now we have something to watch tonight. The Apprentice, Survivor and Big Brother-it doesn't get any better. Celebrity Apprentice has been great. The celebrities want to win but they have a career to go back to. The fighting between some of the celebrities has been hilarious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oohhh Lorna's Laces

I still can't email you. not ready to steek quite yet.

Unknown said...

happy Valentine's Day, Julie