Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Kauni

Ravelry is a very bad thing!! About a month ago Janet was in the store and mentioned the Autumn Leaves cardigan by Ruth Sorenson. Of course I orderd the pattern. It is knit in Kauni yarn which was made famous by The Yarn Harlot. The yarn has long colour repeats making for interesting fair isle work. The cardigans are done with two colours-one for the background and one for the leaves. I haven't knit fairisle in a long time but this looks very exciting.

I have ordered the Kauni yarn for the shop and we should have it in a couple of weeks. I wanted to add pictures of the colours but Blogger isn't being agreeable right now so here is a list.
EQ
EP
EF
EK
EL

If you are on Ravelry, just go to yarns and look up Kauni. You will see some phenomenal garments made with this yarn. Some people took old Alice Starmore patterns and knit with the Kauni. Because the yarn is changing colours, you don't need all the different balls like Starmore calls for. Take a look at crazyfiberlady's blog and you will see what I am talking about.

I haven't accomplished any knitting since my last post. Some days work can really get in the way!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful pattern!

I think one kauni is enough for me though.

p.s. when's the dkc spring fair??

Unknown said...

It is taking every gram of willpower that I have to not get some of that set aside for me.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Ooh mom has some of that wool.... maybe I can talk her into making one of those for me...