Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Scarves are still cool

Around the knitting industry I hear people saying that scarves are out. I just received catalogues in the mail from Eddie Bauer and L.L. Bean. Both catalogues have knit scarves for sale and customers are still coming in and asking to see the latest in scarves as well.

I started this scarf on Thursday and Sarah finished it on Saturday. It is using a new yarn from Trendsetter called Minestrone (colour 8). We used the Multi-Directional scarf pattern to show off the three different yarns that are combined in each ball.

We just received a shipment of yarn from Blue Sky Alpacas. I added more colours of Bulky Hand Dyes and Duotones. I wanted to see what the Suri Merino was like so I ordered two colours-it is amazing and more will be ordered.

Have you signed up for Ravelry yet? I would highly suggest it. After showing Sarah around the site on Saturday she went home and joined. The only problem is that you have to limit your time looking around or you will never get any knitting done!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scarves are totally still hip!
I really enjoy ravelry. I am finding that the more time you invest the more you get out of it.