Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Dining Room Table

Mike (M & M Tables in Stoney Creek) brought our table tonight after work. It is freaking fabulous!! The table sits on pedestals that we had to attach in the house-it wasn't coming through the door with them on. We had a hard time deciding on the colour of the seats and we got it perfect. They are almost the same colour as our couch (a light duck egg blue colour). Eight chairs are made and there is fabric for four more. We are going to have two more chairs made and then have some fabric in case of an accident.
The center piece is from Mom-she brought it home from South Carolina. Tomorrow afternoon we are going to look at the glass bowl that is being made for the center of the table. Paull is behind and has two in the works-he wants us to choose which colour will work best for us.
Thursday night Beth and I are off to the One of a Kind Craft Show. That could be deadly!! If the show is good I will take Mom back on Monday.
My dad called us from Honduras earlier this evening. All is well. They are staying in a hotel this time-normally they stay with families. When Beth went with my dad, they also stayed in a hotel. She said it was about 1/2 a star-more like a jail than a hotel. I am no longer allowed to complain when we stay in a hotel.

I didn't get much knitting done today-maybe tomorrow.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

It is a fabulous table!

Rhonda said...

Ooh la la. That is one gorgeous table. Can't wait to see the bowl. I think that show is not the place for you to go. Big trouble.

Anonymous said...

The table is great, really lovely. I can't decide if I want to go to the One of a Kind or not. I haven't missed a year since I moved to Ontario but I don't really need to buy anything and lugging both kids...

Samantha said...

Very nice. :)

I've never been to the One of a Kind show, but I hear its loads of fun