Monday, November 05, 2007

Cleaning, Mom and Ravelry

I am in the middle of cleaning my house-YUCK. We are going to dinner with friends tonight and then they are coming back to see the house. I haven't vacuumed in 15 years and now I know why.

My mom and dad are in Myrtle Beach and will be coming home tomorrow. My mom has had dial up for her internet and today finally got wireless. She would have to phone us and say she was going onto the internet because then the phone would be busy for hours. My dad is totally computer illiterate-he refers to the computer as 'the machine'. This will make him happy that the phone won't be tied up for 'the machine'.

I played around on Ravelry over the weekend. I connected with lots of people that I know and now they are in my 'Friends' box. You can join Ravelry even if you don't have a blog and I highly suggest it. There are places to keep track of your projects (finished, started and stashed), your books, needles and there are lots of discussion groups. If you are having problems you can post it and get many answers immediately.

Jane called me from the store that we received some boxes in the mail. One is from Prism which contains some of their new sock yarn called Saki. These are the colours that came-I can't wait to see them in person.







The other box is from Berroco-no new yarns but refills for the shelves.

How about the Amazing Race last night? The team that Beth picked to win were eliminated on the first show!!


It's time to finish cleaning!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need a new vacuum!! I love vacuuming now. My mom has dial-up too and it is painful. Apparently there is a high-speed tower being built, I'm going to get her signed up for ravelry.

Unknown said...

I love the look of the new sock yarn - I'm sensing a road trip!