Saturday, November 03, 2007

Cathy strikes again

Cathy worked in the store yesterday and today. WOW!! It is very tidy. We straightened up the double knitting and worsted weight yarns.

In the store there is a book shelf and the top rack on one side is binders full of leaflets. These binders have a mind of their own-they have been known to fall off the shelf near customer's heads. I took the leaflets out of at least half the binders and put them in baskets around the store. We now have a basket of just men's patterns!!

Last night I went to the Potters Guild of Hamilton and Region Fall Sale. Bad move!!! I came home with four pieces. The first piece doesn't count. Hundreds of bowls were for sale at $20.00 each. All proceeds go to Hamilton Food Share. Last Fall Sale thanks to our customers , $15,000 was raised for Hamilton Food Share. $1 raised generates $10 worth of food.
I can see the pieces on the counter and there is technically 5 pieces. I bought (all from one potter) a cream and sugar as well as two serving plates. They are a deep red/brown with accents of turquoise and lime. One of my students, Maggi, was there and she called them eclectic.

I'm off to watch the hockey game and knit. GO HABS!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now that you have a house you have a big responsiblity to jazz it up. And really the money went to a good cause, you probably should have bought more!!

a basket of men's patterns, good idea.

Unknown said...

Boy oh Boy, i wish
Cathy could pay me a visit.

i could really use a hand sorting things out !

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - Lucky you (and so smart) to go to the Potters Guild sale. I used to LOVE going to their events.
I have the most wonderful collection of tea mugs all bought through those sales.

Stephanie said...

I think that pottery fits the description of my friend's pottery. Joanne Munzar in Port Dover. You should come and see her studio!
Stephanie