Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A bit of everything


Knitting
I am almost finished my Hip to be Square jacket-I hope to get the second sleeve done today. There is a mystery project in the works and I might have some pictures by the end of the week.

Ravelry
I am trying to limit my time looking around. There is a lot to see but it cuts into knitting time!! The other issue is that I keep finding projects that I like-I don't have time for these!!!

Store
I just unpacked a large shipment of Smooshy sock yarn from Dream in Color. It is spread out in a large basket and the colours look amazing.
Perl Grey shawl pins are made in Nova Scotia and we just received another shipment.
I just talked with Berroco and there are at least 6 new colours of Peruvia leaving their warehouse this afternoon for us. The spring Berroco was ordered last week-amazing. You will love the new Norah Gaughan magazine.

Home life
My dad left for Honduras yesterday. The group travel to the airport together so we only had to take him to Dundas to meet everyone. They met at 2am and the weather was very cold-unfortunately all my winter clothes are still in the apartment. Dad called from Houston that they made it there okay and we received an email last night that they made it safely to Honduras.
I went shopping yesterday and bought myself a present-the new iPod Touch. It is like the iPhone without the phone. It has Wi-Fi so I can get my emails while travelling. It means finding a hot spot but I should be able to do that. My songs are all downloaded-that took about 5 minutes last night-it is very, very fast. It also holds my date book and contacts.
We are having artificial grass put in our back yard at the townhouse this week. One of the dogs (Roko) loves to dig holes in the yard and it is currently a muddy mess. It looks like grass without the fuss.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Oooooo - Peruvia. I can't wait. When will the new Norah be available?

I want an Ipod touch for Christmas but I was worried that 16G wouldn't be enough.