Friday, August 17, 2007

Catching Up

The store has been slow so far today (not surprising) so I am taking some time to catch up. I really should be putting yarn away but just can't make myself do it.

The tent sale was hugely successful for myself and everyone who came. They walked away with bags of yarn and got amazing deals. Some ladies paid as little as $150 and got over $500 worth of yarn. Since you can't lock the tent, we had to put the yarn away every night and haul it back out in the morning-I really don't want to see another box for a while.

Stitch N' Pitch had a great turnout. I believe there was close to 600 tickets sold. Everyone looked to be having a good time at the game. Ace (the Blue Jays mascot) visited out section for a bit and we were featured on the Videotron. The Toronto Blue Jays and Stitch N' Pitch are now working on some of the minor problems that did come up so that next year will run even smoother.

We are expecting many shipments next week of new yarns-more to follow.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

I'm glad both events were a success. I would have liked to have been to the tent sale, but it seems that everyone around me is a little paranoid about my driving further than 5 minutes from home by myself these days. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Fun times! I am sorry I missed the stitch 'n pitch, next year.
My new addi's rock, best needles ever.

Joy L. said...

Love your tent sale! I didn't quite know what to expect and went there with a very low budget of $100. However, I got your medium bag filled with goodies! Next year I will definitely be more prepare!

Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.