Sunday, July 22, 2007

A weeks worth of posts

On Friday a new yarn shop opened in New Hamburg called Shall We Knit. Karen has been a customer in my store so Beth and I drove out to see the shop. The store is beautiful. Karen was rushing to get the store ready because Friday night there was a Harry Potter Festival in New Hamburg. There were thousands of people out, many dressed up as characters from the Harry Potter books. If you are a Harry Potter follower, maybe you can answer a question for me. There were many ladies with bright pink hair-does that have something to do with the story? Beth didn't know but maybe someone out there does.

When we got back into Ancaster (around 11:30pm) Beth suggested we go by Chapters to see the line up. You couldn't get near the store-the parking lot was full and if you have been there you know that it is huge. Beth went yesterday morning to get her copy. She is reading away-she wants to get the book done before someone ruins the ending for her.

Lots of orders arrived this week.

We received a large shipment of Rayon Boucle from Fiesta yarns. One skein will knit this great shoulder scarf. You can also wear this tied around your waist as a bathing suit cover up. These are the four new colours for fall.

Jasper arrived from Berroco. Book 266 has 8 patterns that use this yarn. Joyella looks like it would be fun to knit. We will have a sample of this in the store soon. Berroco is knitting it up for us but they weren't finished when the yarn was shipped.

The shipment of Bearfoot sock yarn from Mountain Colors arrived. There are four new colours-Eureka, Red Willow. Sapphire Trail and Sun River. I almost started a pair of socks this week-to which many of you are gasping-the colours are amazing and I love colour. I have knitting to finish for the Knitter's Fair and Gone Stitchin' Weekend and I stopped myself from starting something new (it isn't easy to do).

How about Big Brother this past week? I never thought Jenn would put Joe on the block. He was starting to grow on my but I really didn't want Dick to go yet. He is going to cause problems in the house which always adds excitement to the show. This is the first time where the house hasn't been dividing into alliances yet.

Hell's Kitchen will be interesting tomorrow night with the teams merging. I don't think the men will be able to work with the women.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hi - the pink-haired ladies were probably dressed as Nymphadora Tonks, one of the characters from the story who can change her hair colour at will but mostly has it pink...

Fabulous, fabulous sock yarn...

Julie said...

Liz-thanks. Once I told that to my sister she knew exactly who they were.