Friday, July 27, 2007

Friday morning

My knitting hasn't progressed at all. None of it. I haven't had time to knit while in the store. This is actually good news but my projects are calling my name. I have tried to knit at home but it is hard with two dogs sitting on top of you. I did finish the first ball of my throw (using Trendsetter Yosemite) and then ripped the whole thing out. I had on way too many stitches, it would take 40 balls to make the throw. I have recast on and am a couple of rows in.

We have another new yarn in the shop. Highlander from Alpaca with a Twist. They don't have the shade card on their website yet-the yarn is brand new-so here is a picture for you. The yarn has 130m on a 100 gram ball and will knit to a tension of 4-4.5 stitches to an inch. The yarn is made of 45% baby alpaca, 45% merino wool, 8% microfiber and 2% viscose.

How about Big Brother last night? Kail stays and Mike goes.

I need to get my act in gear. The committee for Stitch N' Pitch is having a conference call this morning to see how the tickets sales are progressing, etc. We want to make sure that everyone who comes to the game gets a Blue Jay Knitting tote bag full of goodies. Most of the yarn distributors are donating yarn. We are trying to have 2-3 balls in every bag along with patterns, some wool wash and maybe some knitting needles.

Tonight is the draft for our Fantasy Football. This is a very long evening but always good for laughs.

No comments: