Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Home Safely

I just returned home from Columbus. The drive home was uneventful but I am very tired. It could be the late nights out. It is always fun to see the new yarns and accessories at the show but seeing friends from around the world is always the best part of the trip.

Debbie Bliss was more than impressed with her box of 24 O'Henry bars!!

Before the trip I had already ordered the yarns that come from Canadian suppliers. At the show I take a look at finished garments from these yarns and then look at the yarns we can't get here. From the US we order Berroco and Nashua and I will be doing that over the next couple of weeks. The only yarn ordered at the show was more sock yarn from Claudia Hand Painted Yarns and many, many skeins of Bearfoot from Mountain Colors. There are four new colours coming and hopefully the chocolate bars I bribed them with will get the order here in August.

I did order new bags from Offhand Designs. These are the bags I order and they should be available sometime in August.

The main purchases at the show were shawl pins. There were some amazing ones and I ordered them all. These should be here in time for the Knitter's Fair. I am the most excited about the shawl pins from Moving Mud. The website doesn't do their products justice-they are amazing!!!

When I arrived home there was a newsletter from Berroco showing their new yarns and patterns for fall. They are all amazing and I will show more later in newsletters but here is one that caught my eye. It is called Kori and is knit out of Keltic. The shade card does not show the new colours for fall-these will be a surprise.

No comments: