Thursday, March 22, 2007

Long Message today-lots of pictures too!!

Here are a couple of Lattice Bags from my class. Joy's is felted and Stephanie still needs to felt. Karen wasn't at class on Tuesday night-she used hot pink and orange. My bag is still drying-double stranding the yarn and working cables makes a very thick bag. Bag handles arrived from the US yesterday but the ones that I wanted for my bag weren't in the shipment.


Here is the new Ruffles scarf finished. I used 5 stitches (the last one was 4) so the scarf is much shorter. I used 2 balls for both to show the difference in length but if I was going to knit for myself I would use 3 balls and get a nice long scarf

I have finished the second front of Kilcar. I am working on the collar (102 stitches and 20 rows) and might start sewing on the weekend. I used the 3 needle bind off for the shoulders-makes it so much easier.

I have been busy unpacking more boxes.

From Nashua we received some of their new Ecologie Cotton. They don't have shade cards up yet but here is their description of the yarn. Natural Focus ™ Ecologie Cotton is a 100% cotton dyed with natural plant dyes. This soft matte cotton is perfect for any spring style – lace, cable, texture – creating timeless designs.

Another shipment of Jordana Paige bags arrived. We now have the Messenger Bag in Camel/Brown.











More colours of the Rowan Bamboo arrived. I am having a hard time deciding between the orchid (mauve/pink) and lolly (mint green) for myself. This yarn will knit to an Aran tension. Not everyone likes the patterns that Rowan did so you can use anything Aran-I am looking at a Debbie Bliss design called Keira from her new Pure Cotton magazine. Once Kilcar is done I get to start a new project!!!

New colours of Blue Sky Alpacas Alpaca Silk arrived (129, 130, 131, 120). I am not sure why I didn't order them in the beginning-they are great. There is also a new pattern from them for a hoodie with crocheted trim.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice scarf Julie. I tried to leave you a comment about your bag but Blogger wouldn't let me - it looks great. I love your sweater; the colour is fabulous!

...Sarah said...

Great work. And I am enjoying the Denise Interchangeable needles, very light and comfortable to use.

Dorothy said...

Your felted bags are fabulous! I really like the orange and black? brown? one.