Friday, March 16, 2007

It has been a long week

Mom and dad got home from Myrtle late Tuesday night. Wednesday afternoon we went to the funeral home for visitation and then served dinner to the family before the evening visitation. They were very grateful to have a family dinner that they didn't have to prepare or clean up after. The funeral was on Thursday. The hardest part of the funeral was seeing my dad cry-I don't remember seeing this happen before. Mom and dad are supposed to be returning to Myrtle tomorrow morning but we are having weather issues again-more snow. YUK. It was all gone and now it's back.

Wannietta and Amanda worked in the store on Wednesday. Amanda loves to straighten the shelves-another neat freak!! She straightened the Noro Kureyon and Silk Garden, sock yarns and then some of the baby yarns. Thanks Amanda-it looks great. Okay, thanks to Wannietta too, I am sure she helped. Wannietta brought in the silk shrug from Blue Sky Alpacas. I don't have a picture of hers but here is the pattern picture. Everyone who has come in the store says Wannietta's looks better.

More shipments arrived this week. Nashua's Creative Focus Cotton DK arrived in over 20 colours. I spent today clearing shelves and moving yarn around to fit it in. We also received a new sock yarn from OnLine. The colours are great-bright but not garish.

I haven't knit much this week. I did start a new ruffles scarf in one of the new colours. Hopefully I can get some knitting done tonight while watching the college basketball. The NCAA tournament is one of my favorite sporting events.

No comments: