Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Finishing projects

Last night while tidying I found some old knitting. I started to knit Tempest from Berroco last year but never finished it. All the pieces are knit and I just need to put it together. The body is worked in two pieces and I thought I would do a 3 needle bind off on the back. The pattern said to graft them so I sat and grafted 120 stitches today. I must say that it looks great. Then I picked up 580 stitches to do the band. One row of rib is done and I am going to sit and try to finish this week. I will try and get a picture tomorrow. The colour is chocolate brown (I am using Merino et Soie from Naturally) so it doesn't photograph well.

A special parcel arrived today-my store sample of Appledore. Make sure you take a look at it when you come in the store-it is amazing. I will get a picture of it tomorrow-the colour turned out great.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had a jacket like that once - a shawl collar was all that kept me from finishing it. When I finally did it, it didn't seem that big of a deal! Good on ya!

Dorothy said...

It's a pretty pattern. I like the lace at the cuffs.

Anonymous said...

That looks so cozy-- finish it! Oh please, finish it. And then model it. It's so pretty. I LOVE the cuffs.