Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snowy day in southern Ontario

We are being hit with a snow storm so I am upstairs working instead of sitting in the store doing nothing. There is probably 5" on the ground already and this is just lake effect snow. The temperature is -15 - ouch. The storm is supposed to start after lunch. Melo and Roko are having a great time playing in the snow.

Here is my crocheted scarf so far. Notice that I have a metal hook now. It makes all the difference in the world. The crochet goes much quicker than with a plastic hootk.

This past Saturday I taught a mother/daughter beginner class. Two of the mothers already knew how to knit so they just continued on what they were doing. The kids were great. There were 4 who ranged in age from 10-12 plus one mother. Unfortunately the mother was having a hard time picking up the knitting but her daughter got it right away.

I am totally bored with all my knitting-this means starting something new. This is the Kimono coat by Jane Slicer-Smith. I am using the new Merino Otto Shadow from Trendsetter. After knitting with thick yarn on big needles I am enjoying being on 5.5mm with smooth yarn. This yarn is amazing. Bev has a jacket knit out of it that has travelled around the world. There isn't a pill on it-it looks just as good as the day she finished it.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Julie, this is Tracey that took your crochet class way back in the middle of February. Sadly my scarf is not shaping up to look like your picture. I have attempted and ripped it out about 10 times so far. I can't seem to get the curly cues to curl??? Are you still in the store on Friday nights? I am going to try and come in sometime in the next couple of weeks if that's ok.
Thanks :)