Saturday, February 17, 2007

Crochet Class

My message yesterday morning was great. Okay, it hurt at the time but it loosened up my shoulders.

People have asked and asked and I finally gave in and taught crochet today. I have been crocheting since I was 3 so it comes very naturally to me. Not to some in my class. A few had a hard time holding the hook-much different than knitting needles. For the people who didn't know how to knit, they got along fine. Then there was Lisa, she picked it up right away. I had her start her scarf and while the others were still practicing, she learned more stitches and made a granny square. They are making the crocheted scarf that I showed a couple of days ago. I think they will enjoy working with the self-striping yarn. It always makes you want to do just a bit more so you can see what colour will come next.

Tomorrow is the big day-Daytona 500!!! I will be sitting on my couch, knitting and cheering for Jeff Gordon to crash. I don't want him to get hurt-just out of the race.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

OMG -- WHAT A RACE ... or more so, WHAT A FINISH!! Holy cow ... I nearly cried when my Tony Stewart wrecked, was sad when Hamlin crashed and when Junior crashed too ... and was thinking that if only Jeff Gordon would wreck, that would make my day. And then he did ... at the very end of the race he wrecked, but as soon as I saw that I cheered beyond belief. LOL Can't wait for next week! :)

Dorothy said...

Crochet can be awkward when you are used to using both hands. I think since I hold my yarn with my left hand while knitting means that I don't have as much trouble with crochet.