Sunday, January 07, 2007

Shawl to match red bag

I have started knitting my shawl for the trade show in San Diego next weekend. I am using Magique from Trendsetter. This yarn is 60% Polyamid, 16% Cotton, 15% Acrylic, 9% Polyester. It isn't red but there is enough red in it to go with the red bag.

I actually made a swatch before I started. Don't try to figure this out at 2am. I got 36 stitches to 9" which in my mind translated to needing 688 stitches. Oops. I did the division based on 36 stitches to 4". I really only needed 200 stitches. Good thing I didn't start casting on.

I started to cast on with Lantern Moon needles. Got the stitches almost cast on and my needle broke. Not a happy camper. Luckily I could transfer most of them to an Addi.

I have 10 balls and I think that I will use all of them. So far I am finished 3 balls. Yes, I will be sitting on the couch today, watching football and knitting. Roko really likes this yarn. He has it in his mouth whenever possible. He is going to start thinking his name is Noroko. We are continually saying this to him and he just looks up at you saying 'what are you going to do about it? I am way too cute!!'

No comments: