Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Getting ready for knitting classes and Rowan preview

I have finished the schedule for my spring classes. Many people have been asking for beginner crochet so it is on the schedule. We are going to make a simple scarf so I thought I should make a sample. I started today between customers but didn't get very far. Here is the picture of Trendsetter's scarf that I am modifying. It will be narrower so that it can be done faster and use less yarn.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the launch date for the new Rowan. There are a few sites out there with pictures so I decided to share a few with you.


This is Appledore from RYC. I am in love with this. It is knit using their new yarn called Cotton Jeans. The yarn is 100% cotton so I imagine that the jacket will be heavy-more of a spring/fall garment than summer.













Here is the cover of the new Summer Tweed Magazine. There are new colours in this yarn for spring as well. Everyone has been asking Rowan for new designs in this great yarn and finally they have listened.




And the picture that everyone wants to see. Here is the cover of Rowan 41. I believe the full magazine will be launched on Rowan's site tomorrow.

Bamboo Tape is a new yarn from Rowan for spring. There will be a separate magazine for it. Take a look at the shade cards-amazing colours in true Rowan style.







No comments: