Sunday, October 08, 2006

Lizard Ridge

I am finished 4 squares and the 5th is almost done. So far I have ripped out one finished square because the colours didn't work out. Now I am going to rip out half a square because there was a knot in the ball. Of course they didn't join the same colour!! For those of you who know me I don't like to rip out.

If you are working on Lizard Ridge here is another tip. Roll the balls before you start. I am going to roll 2 small balls and this way I will find any knots and can adjust the colours accordingly.

How about the baseball playoffs? The Yankees are out!! I always root for the underdog and whoever is playing the Yankees. Maybe George will learn that you can't buy a winner.

I have decided to do the CreativFestival in Toronto at the end of the month. You might know this as the Creative Sewing and Needlework Festival-they have changed the name to allow more crafts into it. I haven't done the show in many years but with all the new knitters out there it is important to let them know about my store.

Jane Ellison will be teaching in the store after the Festival (Wednesday October 25). So far she hasn't given me a description of her workshop so I sent her a proposal.

A workshop about working with self-striping yarns
-how Jane comes up with your ideas for a sweater and deciding which yarn to use
-what stitches look good in a yarn-we could have balls of Noro there for people to play with and do different stitch patterns, for example some lace, cables, knit and purl patterns
-talk about felting the Noro yarns


No comments: