Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Finished x 5

I have the Daisy cardigan totally finished-all ends sewn in and crocheted around the neck. It hangs much better on a human body than on the mannequin.








This is Vero knit up in the Cabin Fever pattern. My bag is over felted-on the Cabin Fever pattern the picture of the finished bag is much bigger. Who would of thought that 10 minutes was too long? The bag almost looks like I knit it out of a boucle yarns.




Here are the felted bags. The 3 bags are knit using the same pattern using just one ball of yarn for each. The bag in front is the Vero Tweed and the Noro Kureyon bags are in back. The pattern calls for making straps with yarn. I am thinking of leather or possibly a beaded handle.


The bag on the left was felted for 25 minutes and the bag on the right for 35. They started out exactly the same size.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Julie, the bags are really nice. I really like the Vero Tweed bag and the left Noro bag. Very cute. :) I still have to felt my entrelac bag -- bad bad. Gotta get to a top loader.

Daisy looks great. :)

Sally said...

Julie, the bags look fantastic! Which colour number did you use for the Noro bag on the right in the bottom picture?

Julie said...

Sally
I think it is 182. Don't have the label near the computer.

Unknown said...

I love the Vero Tweed so much; hmmmm might have to buy some of that stuff - have something in mind. The Noro bags also look great but that Vero....