Monday, April 10, 2006

Rowan Magazine 40

Got quite a bit of knitting done while watching the Masters. I now have 63 squares done. 30 to go.

Thanks Linda, I got the Rowan posters today.

In my opinion, Rowan #40 looks great-I have at least 4 sweaters that I need!!!! I have been very critical of the last few magazines and it looks like Rowan has listened to everyone's concerns. The styling has been toned down-no weird hats or skirts that totally take away for the garments. Here are a few highlights, I can't give too much away.
  • 2 mini-magazines in addition to #40
  • there are 12 designs for men between the 3 magazines
  • lots of fair isle designs
  • 4 new yarns
  • Marie Wallin the new designer has done some great work
I also got a peak of the new Nashua for fall. They are introducing a mohair (40 or more colours), brushed alpaca (39 colours), superwash aran, ribbon yarn plus new colours in the existing yarns. There will be 3 magazines.

Rhonda has finished my felted hedgehogs for the Knitter's Frolic. They are so cute.

We are making some progress on the website. The new secure online ordering will be done with PayPal. I did alot of research before deciding on this. If you don't have an account with them, don't worry. You can pay with Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. Got my account signed up and the next day I get an email confirming a purchase which I didn't make. This didn't make me happy with my decision. Talked with PayPal and here is their warning. If you get an email asking you to click on a link to confirm something-don't do it. PayPal won't send emails like this. They told me that companies send out emails to people hoping that you have a PayPal account and you click on the link. These companies have no clue who actually has an account with PayPal. Also, if it is from PayPal, your email will have your full name in the first line. If it says Dear Member it is just someone fishing for personal information. This made me feel much better about my decision.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

The new Rowan sounds very interesting. :) It sounds like you're making great progress on the afghan. :)