Sunday, April 23, 2006

Frolic and new project

Here is the Jane Slicer-Smith throw finished. My original plan was to have it displayed on a rocking chair at the Frolic but the booth wasn't big enough for the chair. Many of you came by the booth and commented that the throw looks much better in person-pictures definitely don't do it justice.

The Frolic was a long day but we had fun meeting new customers as well as hooking up with knitters that we already knew. Wannietta, Cindy and Michelle all stopped by to say hello.

Of course I had to start something new now that the throw is done. I was going to make the Trendsetter cardigan but decided on this shrug from Nashua. It should go quickly and then I can start the cardigan. The yarn is called Sassafrass (50% cotton and 50% acrylic). The shade cards aren't on the net yet for you to see but I am doing the colour in the picture.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is better looking in person! I didn't comment on it but I saw it & touched it up. you did a great job Julie!

Rhonda said...

The hog looks good on the afghan. Hope the show went well. The shrug is cute, but not quite my style. Shouldn't take long to knit.

Unknown said...

The throw is amazing - can't believe you got it done; you are a knitting machine (sure you don't have any little knitting elves in your house?)! Nice shrug.

I do intend to come to your tent sale; I have to make up for my lack of purchasing power at the Frolic! Your booth rocked Julie!

Samantha said...

Julie, when is the tent sale? I can't remember ...

Julie said...

Samantha
The tent sale is June 21 and 22. More information will follow