Sunday, February 26, 2006

Done


I am proud to say that Zarah is done. It has been a bit of a journey. I heard about the Knitting Olympics and decided to participate. My first project was going to be a sweater in Rowan Biggy Print. Beth told me that this wasn't a big enough challenge so I changed to Zarah. The pattern is from Elsebeth Lavold's book three The Embraceable You Collection. I didn't have the yarn that was called for so I used Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk. The yarn was great to work with. I received daily phone calls from my dad asking how much I had knit that day. In the past few days my mom even got in on the action. Mom and dad-IT IS DONE!! I even sewed in together, finished off all the ends and sewed on the buttons. This is big for me because usually Wannietta, Rhonda or Jane does that for me.
Now I can work on my Hedgehog (and have a drink). Got the front finished last night while watching a movie. I hope to be felting tonight.
Melo came with me to do the pictures. He got a new sheep to play with in the store-purple even. How cute!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Olympian !! your sweater looks fab.
And ooooohhhhhh: Melo is looking so huggable !

Rhonda said...

The sweater is awesome. Nothing like a little pressure to get the job done. I'm so proud. I knew you could do it. What colour is your hedgehog going to be? Purple first, perhaps?

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS YOU AWESOME WOMAN!!!! The sweater looks amazing and your effort truly impressive. Hope the drink is BIG, you deserve it. The Hedgehog will be a piece of cake after this.
Never had any doubt that you would do it but way to go!!

Samantha said...

Congratulations! Don't forget to post this on the team Canada site. :)

Unknown said...

It looks great Julie - way to go!! Especially with not feeling well and a store to run.