Monday, November 28, 2005

One of a Kind Craft Show

Today was a day out with Mom in Toronto at the One of a Kind Craft Show. Arrived at 11am just as the doors were opening. There had to be 300 people in line to buy tickets. Luckily I bought them on line before we went. The next line was at least 200 people who already had their tickets. Because Mom needs her walker I begged them to let us in instead of walking to the end of the long line and then walking all the way back. I was very good about spending today. Many of the vendors were the same as last year with the same things. Did get a leather carpet bag for carrying on the airplane. Great teal colour with brown accents. I do have a leather problem. Bought sheepskin slippers for Beth, Mom and me. Also bought Mom some hand painted wine glasses for the house in Myrtle Beach. There were some neat knit items - great ideas. One booth had chunky mittens with lots of long fringes on the cuffs. If anyone saw the coupon for this year they were on the front. A young woman made great scarves from yarn but they weren't knit. She took heavy plastic wire and tied fringes along it making a great boa. The yarn was Fleece Artist Wool Slub but Colinette Point 5 would work as well.

Knitting report-I have finished the body of my Swing Coat in Equinox Stripe. Just need to sew the shoulder seams and then the sleeves are knit from the top down. Small pickup around the neck and then done. I hope to be wearing it by the weekend.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Wow, you knit fast!! I know it's 12mm needles, but still -- that's pretty quick! :) It sounds like you had a good time at the OOAK Show. :)